The 2013 Monterey Wine Festival
Visitors flock to the Monterey Peninsula for the variety of activities it has to offer. From breathtaking views, incredible hiking trails, exotic marine life, and the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, there are activities for everyone. Summer sparks particular interest in a favorite pastime for Monterey’s adult travelers, wine tasting. Monterey’s cool climate makes for exquisite chardonnays and fabulous Pinot Noirs. Cabernet fan? Lucky for us, Carmel Valley is home to much warmer weather, producing the some of the tastiest of these full bodied reds! The Monterey Wine Festival kicks off summer on June 7th, with tastings, and delectable small bites from chefs on the peninsula. Tickets are available now, starting at $40.00.
If festivals aren’t for you, check out the other areas on the Peninsula you can enjoy tasting at your own pace:
- Want to stay local? Check out Figge Winery in Marina, only a 3 minute drive from the Resort!
- If you are looking to try all the wines Monterey County has to offer, without the commute, head over to A Taste of Monterey on Cannery Row, where they feature over 90 local wineries in one tasting room!
- What better combination than wine tasting near the ocean? The Wine Walk in Carmel-by-the-Sea offers 14 tasting rooms, among shopping, restaurants, and art galleries.
- There is no better place to enjoy the outdoors then the warm climate of Carmel Valley. Over a dozen tasting rooms are located within a 2 mile radius, making the venture from winery to winery effortless and enjoyable. Try a pizza from Corkscrew to curb your hunger!
- AG Ventures hosts wine tours and site seeing, and best of all will pick up and drop off right at your hotel! Location will vary depending on date, so ask your concierge for more information!