A premier green hotel in Monterey Bay, California, The Sanctuary Beach Resort takes many steps to preserve the beauty of its surroundings and is one of the most environmentally-conscious green hotels in Monterey. Energy efficient lighting, biodegradable packaging and non-toxic cleaning products are used throughout the resort to keep emissions—and our impact on the surrounding Marina Dunes Preserve—at a minimum. The Sanctuary Beach Resort is setting the green standard for Monterey hotels.
SUSTAINABLE HIGHLIGHTS AT THE SANCTUARY BEACH RESORT INCLUDE:
- Motion detector light sensors.
- A recycling program.
- Energy-efficient lighting with solar lighting throughout the property.
- Biodegradable to-go food boxes and drinking cups.
- Non-toxic cleaning products for laundry and housekeeping.
- Water-saving toilets, low-flow shower heads and sink aerators are in every room.
- Energy Star double-paned windows throughout the property.
- Drought resistant native plants in landscaping and garden areas.
- Roofing with eco-composite shingles.
- Eco-friendly carpeting throughout the property.
- Amenities contain post-consumer recycled content.
- Beach Volleyball court and Bocce ball courts are made from recycled Oyster shells.
- EV Charged Limo carts for guest transportation
- EV Charging Stations
BE A KIND TRAVELER
The Sanctuary Beach Resort is a proud partner of Kind Traveler to support the important work of Rancho Cielo in furthering the wellbeing and sustainability of our community.
Kind Traveler, a veteran-and-women-owned public benefit corporation, is the first socially conscious Give + Get travel platform empowering a new generation of responsible travelers to positively impact the communities they visit.
We invite our community to explore exclusive offers and an opportunity to give back to Rancho Cielo with 100% of donations going to the charity.
Learn more about this unique opportunity to give back while visiting us in Monterey, CA.