A premier green hotel in Monterey Bay, California, The Sanctuary Beach Resort takes many steps to preserve the beauty of its surroundings and is one of the most environmentally-conscious green hotels in Monterey. Energy efficient lighting, biodegradable packaging and non-toxic cleaning products are used throughout the resort to keep emissions—and our impact on the surrounding Marina Dunes Preserve—at a minimum. The Sanctuary Beach Resort is setting the green standard for Monterey hotels.
SUSTAINABLE HIGHLIGHTS AT THE SANCTUARY BEACH RESORT INCLUDE:
- Natural gas fireplaces in every room and suite.
- Motion detector light sensors.
- A recycling program.
- Energy-efficient lighting with compact fluorescent bulbs and solar lighting throughout the property.
- Biodegradable to-go food boxes and drinking cups.
- Non-toxic cleaning products for laundry and housekeeping.
- Water-saving toilets, low-flow shower heads and sink aerators are in every room.
- Energy Star double-paned windows throughout the property.
- Drought resistant native plants in landscaping and garden areas.
- Roofing with eco-composite shingles.
- Eco-friendly carpeting throughout the property.
- Amenities contain post-consumer recycled content.
- Mini bars stocked with recyclable products like aluminum cans and biodegradable packaging.